Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Happier

We watched a video today in class. We are told to write a perspective from the girl or the dog. This is what I did. 

It was my birthday. I was sitting at the table, in front of my cake. The candles were lit. Before I could blow the candles, someone else came in and blew them out. I was sad. I got my birthday presents. I opened my first gift, It was a little bow. Then I got a dog. I was quite happy. I had fun with my family but not at school. 

I was doing soccer training with other girls on the team. No one was my friend. Instead of being a friend, they were being a bully. The leader was really mean. She picked everybody except me from the team to play. It didn't really matter to as long as my team wins. We won the game. We were told that our picture will be taken. I was given the ball to hold, standing in the middle. She pushed me out and took the ball. I stood out with sadness. I was called back in for the photo. The photographer told me to smile. Since I had braces in my teeth, they laughed at me.

I was disappointed. But then, my dog came in. He got really sick. We went to the doctor. He gave him some medicine. I went to play soccer outside. When I came inside, I saw my dog laying down in a sad way. We took him to the doctor, and a little time later it died. After 20 years, it was my daughter's birthday. All the same thing that happened to me happened to her. It was like a cycle going over again.

I think it wasn't fair for the girl. I really liked writing this. I got to feel how the girl was feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wajihah! I really liked reading your creative writing. You found the moral of the story when you mentioned that they came full cycle when the first girl grew up and got a puppy for her own daughter.

    What did you think of this task? Was it helpful to have a music video to base your story on?
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.