Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2019

The Merchant of Venice- Act 3- Scene / Task


In his jokey conversation with Jessica, why is Launcelot against the conversion of Jews to Christianity
=Jews can't eat pork because if they start eating pork, the price of pork will go up.

What is Jessica’s opinion of Portia
=She has the joy and there is no other woman like her

Vocabulary Find the meanings of the following words:

Tainted= contaminate or pollute

Ecstasy= an overwhelming feeling of great happiness or joyful excitement.

Converted=  having been adapted to be suitable for a new purpose.

Vantage= a place or position affording a good view of something.

Oration= a formal speech, especially one given on a ceremonial occasion.

Constitution= a body of fundamental principles or established precedents according to which a state or other organization is acknowledged to be governed.

Envious= feeling or showing envy.

Forfeit= lose or be deprived of property or a right or privilege as a penalty for wrongdoing.

Create - We have learnt that Antonio’s ships were wrecked at sea. Write a narrative from the perspective of one of the ships crewman about the events that led to the ships eventual sinking. Use descriptive and emotive vocabulary to entice your reader.
It was a dark stormy-looking night. I was scared because usually when sea storms come they harm our ships. But I stood up being brave telling myself that doesn't always happen. There's a 50% chance of not getting shipwrecked.

I and my crew sat down having some tea. Suddenly, the lightning struck and it started raining. After a little while, the wind slowly started blowing. We started to get ready to survive the storm. We had kits to survive the rain and the wind. But something unusual happened. A big wave washed our ship. 

Everything got washed away. There was nothing on the boat. The boat broke in half. I saw some of my friends dead and some of them were saving their lives. Everything around me seemed like a dream. Suddenly, I heard my mate shouting help. I swam towards him. My mate and I swam to the closest beach which was about 500km away. I was so glad I survived but I was also sad for my other mates who died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.