Pages

Thursday 1 November 2018

EOTC Part 2/4

Now I am doing part 2. We were suppose to do it each week, but we finished our task a little early so now we are doing our next task. Today I'm doing the second one which is the Marae. So it is write it. We have to define some of the words in full sentence. You will be given a site where you will find the defination. Here is what I:

Marae

Define these words

  1. Waiata- song to support each of your Kaikorero


  1. Powhiri- it is the ritual of encountering performed by
Maori for many generations.


  1. Kaikaranga- an adult woman caller for your group.


  1. Rangatahi- teenager who won’t  be called to be a caller or replier


  1. Kaikorero- an adult male provide the reply to the welcome speech


  1. Whare Manaaki- a restroom building, a good opportunity to collect
the koha from those gathered and place in an envelope
Image result for maraeImage result for marae




1 comment:

  1. Hi Wajihah

    Nice work on sorting out your vocabulary words! I wonder if you can have a check and see if you can shorten up your last sentence so that it is not running off the page.

    To make this Year 8 quality work, I am looking for either some pictures or a video that relate to your topic! Once you add that in, this task will be fully complete!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.