Pages

Monday 12 November 2018

EOTC Bonus!!

As you know basically, I have finished all my EOTC week activities. Since we have much more time left, we get to do a bonus activity. This time I chose reading. In this activity, we had to read an article about Ngati Moki Marae and answer some questions. Here is what I did


Ngāti Moki Marae and Cath Brown

Answer the questions in full sentences. You are explaining your understanding of

the article. All the answers will be in the reading.


You will NOT need to do additional research.


Example: Who is this article about?

Answer: This article is about Cath Brown and the

Ngāti Moki Marae.


Questions:


1) Where did Cath Brown grow up? What roles did she hold? Cath Brown grew up

at Taumutu and lived nearby for most of her life. She was a member of the Marae

Committee and later held positions as Chair of Te Taumutu Rūnanga and Upoko.


2) What type of art did Cath make? How do you know she was successful at it?

Weaving art. She received awards


3) Where is the marae located? What does the land around it look like? Taumutu,

it is a quiet shore of Te Waihora at the southern end of Kaitōrete spit.


4) What does mahinga kai mean? What do you think they ate? It is a defining aspect

of marae life in taumutu. Tuna flounder, lamprey and waterfowl such as paradise duck.


5) What is Ngāti Moki Marae built on? built on strategic and defensible sites that were

once surrounded by swampland.


6) What is the Awhitu House? Hori Kerei Taiaroa’s family home when he moved to

Taumutu.


1 comment:

  1. Well done Wajihah! You have been working so hard on this task board. I wonder, what was your favourite task that you completed?

    Which EOTC Week place did you like learning about the most?
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.