Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2019

Rudy Mentary's Maths problems

1. My lips are sealed is a phrase meaning somebody knows something:
= but won't tell anyone✔️
2. What didn't Rudy like about teaching at Salburg School?
= The students in year 7✔️
3. The word pupil in Paragraph 1 can be either a person learning something or:
= a part of the eye✔️
4. What had caused Rudy Mentary to become a mathematics teacher?
= she was good at maths and was bored with being a plumber.✔️
5. For how many years had Rudy been a maths teacher?
= about two✔️
6. The text uses puns to create:
= humour✔️
7. Which piece of equipment did Rudy use to put out the fire?
= heater pipe✔️
8. Rudy didn't evacuate the students when she heard the alarm because she:
= thought it was a drill✔️
9. Free of charge in Paragraph 7, has two meanings- at no cost and:
= without any power✔️
10. Which two words best describe Rudy's character?
= intelligent and practical ✔️
11. The pronoun it in Paragraph 4 refers to:
=the fire drill✔️
12. The purpose of this text is to:
= write a humorous short story✔️

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.