Pages

Friday 29 March 2019

Act 1 Tasks


Vocabulary Find the meanings of the following words: Venture, Vessel, Signior, Mortifying, Profound, Exhortation, Virtuous and Squandered.
  • Venture=
    a risky or daring journey or undertaking.
  • Vessel=
    a ship or large boat.
  • Signor= a title or form of address used of or to an Italian-speaking man, corresponding to Mr or sir.
  • Mortifying= causing great embarrassment or shame.
  • Profound= very great or intense.
  • Exhortation= an address or communication emphatically urging someone to do something.
  • Virtuous= having or showing high moral standards.
  • Squandered= waste something, especially money or time in a reckless and foolish manner.
Musical This story opens with themes of love, power, money, and religion. Find a song that could be played in the background during a scene in act one. Tell us where in the play you would play it, why you have chosen it and how you think it fits the mood of the story.
Love. I think love is important than anything. This suits Bassanio and Portia. They are in love with each other.  It should be played when Bassanio and Portia meet for the first time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.