Pages

Friday 11 September 2020

Stencil Art

Stencils are fun to paint with. To have fun in art, we did stencil art. To do this we had to draw what we wanted as our stencil on a card and cut it out. Once we had cut out our stencil, we practised painting it a couple of times. When we were sure to use this stencil, we made it into a painting. We made our background to match the meaning of the painting.

The subject matter is the rabbit. It is a portrait of a family of rabbits.  I have combined my stencil with a grassy landscape. The painting is more about colour. My colours set a mood of the structure of the picture space. The chief interest of my painting is the stencil shape. This stencil expresses an idea of the situation. The meaning of my stencil changes the way I painted it.

Here are the pictures if you can't see the ones in the doc properly.
 This is the stencil.           

 This is the practise stencil


 This is the final product.


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Wajihah, Good description of how we began our stencil painting. You've repeated the stencil well to activate the negative space in the painting. Ka pai! For example, the negative space between the rabbits on the left and centre, comes forward and pushes the darker rabbits back. That's what I mean by active space: the shapes move in relation to one another. Enclosed shapes (and nearly enclosed shapes) become as important as the painted shapes of the rabbit. Could you use different colours in the rabbit to connect to the grassy background?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.