Pages

Wednesday 9 September 2020

Stretch Satin

  1. How is this material made? It is made by weaving silk, nylon, or polyester with a glossy surface and dull back.




  1. What are the properties of this material? 
  • Makes a good curtain
  • Glossy surface
  • Capable of doing many things
  • Very pleasant but not really needed
  • Hard to sew- very slippery
  • Frays easily
  • Difficult to care for

      3.Special techniques for sewing?

  • Cut one layer at a time.
  • Use the right size of needle and thread
  • Ease the tension
  • Smooth rough surface
  • Don’t iron
  • Wide seam allowance
  • Store the fabric rolled.












No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.