Pages

Friday 25 September 2020

Trip to Antarctic Centre- Recount Writing

On Friday the 4th September, the year 10 ESOL class, Ms Briggs, Ms Handley, and Ms Flores went on a class trip to Antarctic Centre to learn about the climate in Antarctica. There were not a lot of people there due to COVID restriction.

Experiences | Distinction Christchurch Hotel | International Antarctic  Centre
We left school at 8:40 am and reached there at 9:00 am. First, we went upstairs for a workshop. In the workshop Jane, the instructor, talked to us about Antarctica. We learnt about the history of Antarctica. Then we went for a ride in the Hagglunds. The driver of the Hagglund told us some facts about Hagglund. After the Hagglund ride, we went to see the penguins. The penguins were being fed. There, the lady who fed the penguins told us about them. The penguins in the Antarctic Centre are rescued. Straight after that, we went to watch a 4D movie. The movie was called 'Ice Voyage'. The movie felt like it was real. and I really enjoyed it.

After the movie, we had some free time. We had something to eat and tour around. After free time was over, we went to the storm room. We were in there for 10-15 minutes. The temperature went to -8 degrees which surprisingly was only the temperature in summer. When we got out of the storm room, we went to the Exploration Gallery. We also had a booklet with us to note facts. We were there for approximately 20 minutes. Before we left, we had questions and answers with Jane. We left at 12:45 pm and reached school at 1 pm.
Experiences | Distinction Christchurch Hotel | International Antarctic  Centre

I enjoyed the trip to the Antarctic Centre. My favourite part was watching the 4D movie because it felt like I was inside the movie. The trip was short for me as it was my first time going to the Antarctic Centre. I would love to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.