Pages

Tuesday 1 September 2020

Creative Writing- 1st person narrative

 We have been studying Antarctica. We listened to a story about Nanook, a husky who was sent to Antarctica on an expedition in 1901. We then wrote the next chapter of the story from Nanook’s ‘Point of View’. 

The Real Work Begins
It got a little chilly in the night. The handler came to check on us. But as our natural habitat was a cold place we didn’t get cold. He was leaving when he suddenly turned around and started walking towards Hector. He stopped in front of Hector and started to talk to him. I couldn’t hear what he was saying. All I heard were whispers from him. It seemed like Hector was listening and understanding. He was. Hector listened to what he was saying. After the handler left Hector walked towards us and said “have a goodnight sleep, it will be a tiring day tomorrow. The next morning, I woke up earlier than usual. “It will be a cool sunny day,” I said to myself. But I wasn’t the only one to wake up early. Hector woke up way earlier than usual. Once everyone woke up, we had breakfast. After breakfast, Hector explained to us our task for the day. We never had a task day until and unless we are going somewhere to serve our people. The next night at dinner, Hector came walking towards us. He said better sleep early we have a big day tomorrow. We are going to Antarctica”. What! We are going to Antarctica? I thought within my self. I was excited but also scared. I was excited because I have never been to Antarctica but also scared because I have never been away from home. It felt like it was time I become responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.