Pages

Wednesday 28 July 2021

Commitment

 In Wananga, we are learning about being committed. I read an article about Hayden Wilde who won a bronze medal in Tokyo. He showed the value of commitment by being dedicated to completing the course. I also read an article about a woman who caused a crash. Sadly, the crash killed an Irish tourist. She was disqualified from driving for 15 months and fined $7500 for preparation. She was also sentenced to 120 hours of community service. She showed commitment by doing 120 hours of community service. 

Get Your Team Commitment To Change, And Keep It

For me, commitment means being dedicated to something. This doesn't only apply to completing a course, it also applies to relationships, work, promises etc. Commitment is also one of our school values followed by achievement, resilience, and respect. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the point you have made about commitment being needed for difficult things, like a punishments. That shows how you can "fix" things when mistakes happen.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.