Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2019

My 'Good luck, bad luck' Gran

The word fanatical in paragraph 4, could be replaced with:
= obsessed✔️
The third superstition described in the text concerned a
✔️=four leaf clover
What happened before they sat down to lunch?
= a bee appeared❌
This text was written to:
=recount a story✔️
If Rachel was in a bad mood, Gran would say she'd
=got out the wrong side of the bed✔️
Gran would agree a black cat is unlucky if it is _______ you.
=slinking away from  ✔️
Which sentence is an opinion, not a fact?
=gran's house had many charms that bring good luck✔️
The pronoun it in paragraph 8 is used instead of the:
=triangle✔️
You can conclude that:
=thought the same as Rachel about superstitions✔️
How many beds were set up in the den?
=two❌
Which paragraph mentions four superstitions?
= paragraph 6✔️
It is likely that Gran believes the visitor who rang the doorbell is:
= a friendly neighbour✔️

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.