Pages

Thursday 24 May 2018

What Is Bone Made Of?

Today in science we completed an experiment which is puting chicken bone in coke, acid and water. 2 weeks ago we started an experiment on bones. Here is a summary of what we did.


Aim  To investigate the effect of acid on bone.
Method:
  1. Clean the bone thoroughly.
  2. Weigh the bone before putting it in.
  3. Insert the bone in a container.
  4. Wait for 2 weeks and see results from before and after.
    Results


    Bone in Water
    Bone in Acid
    Bone in Coca Cola
    Observation
    Smelly.  
    Went bendy.
    Changed color to black.
    Mass (g) Before
    8 grams
    9 grams
    8 grams
    Mass (g) After
    12 grams
    8.8 grams
    8.8 grams
    Difference in Mass
    4 gram
    0.2 gram
    0.2gram
Conclusion

The bone in coca cola didn’t bend.
 This is what we did.Image result for chicken bone soaked in acid       This is from google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.