Pages

Monday 14 August 2017

SCIENCE

AIM: To compare the boiling point of TAP WATER and SALT WATER.

HYPOTHESIS: I think the salt water will boil much more earlier than tap water.

EQUIPMENT:

150 millilitres of tap water (two)
salt (2 tsp)
2 beaker
Bunsen burner
safety glasses
Bunsen burner tripod
heat resistance mat
gauze mat
thermometer

METHOD:

1.Is to collect equipment.
2.Attach  Bunsen burner  to gas tap.
3.Fill up both beaker with water.
4.Add salt to one beaker and mix.
5.Place the beaker with tap water on the tripod.
6.Place the Bunsen burner om the heat mat underneath.
7.Light Bunsen burner and adjust flame to blue.
8.As it heats up place the thermometer in the beaker of water until the water is boiling.
9.Record the temperature on your blog.
10.Repeat the process for salt water.

FINDINGS:Boiling POINT

TAP WATER:99-100
SALT WATER:100-110

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.