Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Critical Couse In Critical Literacy.

Today in English, we watched a video and answered some questions. For a little info on our English teacher, our teacher is Mrs. Handley. She is a wonderful teacher and she is also our year dean. Here is the video we watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=aHAApvHZ6XE
Here are the questions we did:

  • What aspects of stories was she (Andrea)  interested in? don't take things at face value, look for the hidden messages.

  • What did the ad imply with the big diamond ring? if you don't buy it you don't love your wife but if you do you love her.

  • What is subtext? it is the hidden message.

  • With CL, can each student have their own answer? yes, we all have a different answer

  • What does Andrea compare CL to? Wonderwoman.

  • How can CL be applied to your life outside of school? you may end up doing something if you buy that thing that will make you look good, but sometimes it's not what you see.

What am I learning? don't look at a girl as just a product.

How does this work show my learning? it gives a message don't watch ads and buy dumb things.

What am I wondering? Why do people trust on things that only have been tried in a lab not actually? Why do we believe in dumb things?

DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.