Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2021

Far-right Threats to Maori Women

 "Women who have done nothing other than visibly exist as Maori online increasingly face stalking, harassment, and threats of rape and death". Far-right is an article by Michelle Duff and Kirsty Johnston which was published on Friday, August 13, 2021, by The Press. This paper is written in-depth after weeks of research on who was being threatened and how they were being threatened. Women- particularly Maori women- are being threatened for what they are standing up for. Siouxsie Wiles, a Microbiologist, was also targeted after her work on Covid-19. She was bullied while having breakfast at a hotel and was live-streamed by a blogger. Because of these kinds of people, women don't feel safe in their own house. 

If you or someone you know is also targeted, please seek help and speak up for the safety of you and everyone around you.

1 comment:

  1. I like the positive way you encourage people to stand up and seek help.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.