Pages

Wednesday 2 December 2020

Candle Making Procedure

 In English, we have been making candles. We used soy wax which has different procedures. This is the method.

Method:

- Weigh your wax. There were 4 of us making candles so we had 500g(1lb). 

- Using a double boiler melt your wax. While the wax is melting, prepare your cup/jar by sticking the wick.

- Check the temperature continuously. The temperature must not exceed 75℃.

- When all the wax has melted, take it off the stove and wait for it to cool down to 65℃ before adding the essence.

- When the wax is cool enough, add the essence and mix vigorously.

-  Pour your wax into a pouring jug before pouring into the jar.

- After pouring the melted wax into the jar, let it sit overnight.

- Once the candle has set, cut the wick to at least 2cm.

Your candle is all set to go. It is recommended to leave your candle for at least 2 weeks before lighting it. It is optional.😀

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.